- This event has passed.
An Introduction to SomaChi Foundations Workshop – Collingwood
June 30 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$50
‘ Soma ‘ is the Alive, intelligent body.
We explore this within the workshop
‘ Chi ‘ is Energy which moves within & outside our body.
It is Chi that causes Aliveness !
‘ It’s like a dance. The whole body awakens, working together shoulders and hips mirror one another, upper and lower body integrates humanness in action.
If we are more in touch with soma (body) we can have deeper results for ease, calmness, and relaxation. Most of all we can appreciate who we are in our bodies. ‘
Quote ~ Lianne Metcalf
An outline of what will be covered in the workshop :
• Learning about Resting Down and establishing ground
• Experiencing our thorough ‘ warm ups ‘ which prepares the body for the practice
• Learning about qualities of ‘ Chi ‘ within movement
• Discovering through experience why our fluid practices of rolling motions bring such benefit.
• Learning & practicing the first main SomaChi sequences.
• Discovering the difference between Embodiment where we are nourished & enlivened by our yoga practice and mechanical movement.
• See how playfulness can take us into experiences of discovery.
• Hands on adjustments
• Q & A
Investment : $50