Teacher Training Terms and Conditions
Upon acceptance, a $500 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your space in the training until the ‘paid in full’ due date. Please note: See Refund policies below and please be sure your schedule truly allows you to attend the intensive dates and that this is the right time for you in your life for a program of this kind.
Full payment is due a minimum of 7 days prior to training start date and participants agree to pay any outstanding balance no later than this date. Unless a payment plan at additional rates has been discussed.
If a student withdraws or transfers from the course, the following refund policy applies:
- If the student withdraws 21 days or more prior to course commencement the student will receive a full refund of all monies paid, minus the nonrefundable deposit of $500.
- If the student withdraws 15 days prior to the course commencement the student will receive 75% of the full course fee, minus the nonrefundable deposit of $500.
- If the student withdraws 4 days prior to course commencement the student will receive 50% of the full course fee, minus the nonrefundable deposit of $500.
- If the student withdraws 1-4 days prior to course commencement or withdraws after the course commences, the full course fee or any monies paid, is non-refundable.
Bank fees incurred by transferring money are the sole responsibility of the enrolling student.
A student choosing to withdraw from a training program after training start date must provide written notice to the Summer Healing Yoga
. Notice must be signed and dated by the student.
If a student is unable to complete the required training hours due to a medical emergency, prolonged illness, death in the family or other extenuating circumstance to be determined by the Director of Training, that student may be granted an exception to complete incomplete classes and sessions in a future training without additional tuition, within 4 years.
A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the teacher training if the student has not attended 4 consecutive lectures.
Certification will not be issued until all program requirements are met.
- 80% of lectures must be attended
- Assignments must all be handed in and receive a pass
- 3 seva yoga classes must be taught and received a pass
- Respect for fellow colleagues, teacher and the organisation must be
A minimum of 80% attendance is required for certificate to be awarded.
Students who miss more than 80% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $100-$120/hour), based on availability. Or students may be approved to attend lectures at reciprocal locations free of charge.
This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail. Students may repeat their final assessment until they are deemed to be competent within 6 months of program completion date.
Arriving late and leaving early from any and all sessions contributes to non-attendance, and total time absent is recorded by facilitators, subtracted from the total time of the program, and counts against the minimum required attendance.
Summer Healing Yoga reserves the right to pass or decline a student to graduate based on their performance,manner and attendance.
If student is not found competent upon final assessment, a fee of $100-$120 hour will apply for a practical re-assessment. Re-assessments must be completed within 6 months of last day of training attended.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND RISKS
Each Student must complete and submit a Student Agreement Form and Confidential Medical Disclosure Form (this will be sent via email) after your application has been approved. Training enrolment will not be completed until both forms are signed and completed by student.